Ikakos solar park in Panama
Panama has the first photovoltaic project in Central America, consolidating its presence in the region and becoming the first Central American country to be part of a national committee in the World Energy Council.
The IKAKOS project produces 84.58 GWh of clean energy divided into four (4) solar plants (Ikakos, Ikakos I, Ikakos II and Ikakos III), reaffirming the commitment of InterEnergy Holding (IEH) of becoming the leading company on renewable energy in the Caribbean and Latin America.
The solar park, located in David, capital of the Panamanian district and province of Chiriquí, consists of 7,087 linear meters of perimeter fence in the 4 projects and 138,960 PV modules, grouped in 60 modules per table that connect a string box with 10 -12 double series, with a total of 208 boxes. It has 4 investment-transformation centers per project, a total of 16 that have contributed from DC to 680V-AC and 34.5kV
The IKAKOS project started supplying electricity to the national grid in 2017, with a capacity to provide energy to approximately 22,000 homes and save 56,836 tons of CO2 per year, equivalent to 12,630 vehicles.
- Reduction of approximately 152,405 BBL of crude oil.
- With this solar energy we can supply approximately 20,000 homes per year.
- To contribute to the 2015-2050 national energy plan, 70% of the energy generated by the clean energy environment by the year 2050.
- The photovoltaic installations are silent, therefore do not cause any sound impact.
- The useful life of the photovoltaic energy capture systems is greater than 30 years.
- It is a very reliable and proven technology throughout the world.
- Zero greenhouse emissions during the operation
- Reduction of fossil fuel consumption.
- Use of free energy source such as solar radiation.
Characteristics of the Ikakos solar park
- Operational since July 2018.
- Total peak power: 45,646, .80 KWp.
- 16,000 m3 of land removed, more than 450 people involved.
- In point of interconnection -> P50 year 1: 85.36 GWh / year-PR 77.42%.
- Specific Production: 1.80 KWh / KHp-Plant factor of 21.35%